Join the brightsolid family
brightsolid provide data centre and cloud services as well as business critical applications to the Scottish Public Sector, Aberdeen Energy community and Scotland’s leading companies, with a focus on delivering on our mission of “Technical Innovation with Personal Service”.
brightsolid is a cloud hosting specialist that own and operate Tier III data centres in the North East of Scotland, connected by our uncontended nationwide network. We are proud to have received award recognition in UK Business Continuity, Digital Technology Awards, UK IT Industry Awards and Scotland’s Best Employer 2015.
Part of the DC Thomson Group, brightsolid is unique; the first Scottish partner to be Microsoft certified on Azure Hybrid and only organisation in Scotland to have a Veeam Vanguard expert in our technical team.
Our company values direct our business and our people. These are: sharing knowledge is the real power, surpass expectations, think outside the cube and brightsolid family.
Our offices are bright, vibrant, professional and expert. As is our team.
Our departments include:
- Service Desk and Customer Support
- Servers, Storage and Virtualisation (SSV)
- Project Management and Solution Delivery
- Marketing, Sales, Products and Account Management
- Emerging Technologies
- Data Centre Facilities Management
- Information Security and Business Continuity
Senior Service Desk Analyst- Dundee or Aberdeen
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Service Desk Analyst to join brightsolid. We have two sites where we have data centres – Aberdeen and Dundee.
The role may be based in Dundee or Aberdeen depending on the successful candidate. There will be training in Dundee however for the first three months of this role.
The successful candidate would also in the future be required to be on call approx. 1 week in every 12 weeks. Therefore a driving licence is essential for this role.
As an experienced Service Desk Analyst you will lead by example in providing the first point of contact for all brightsolid customers. It is the responsibility of you and your team to log and respond to customer calls, resolving when possible, and passing to the appropriate Engineer in a timely and efficient manner when it is not, and learning new skills from the more advanced members of the team as you go.
Passionate about IT Service Delivery, and keen to learn more, you will have at least 1 years’ experience on a front line IT Service Desk or other experience and skills relevant to the position. You will be responsible for taking calls and emails from our customers, creating tickets in accordance with the issues presented and allocating the tickets to the appropriate people within the team. You will act as a point of escalation for Service Desk Analysts along with the Service Desk Engineers. You will also be responsible for dealing with 1st and 2nd line internal IT tickets and will communicate with the internal and external customers in line with the company mission; Technical Innovation, Personal Service
The successful candidate will be adaptable, able to think on their feet, use their initiative and own any customer issues through to a successful resolution
- Answering customer calls and emails coming into the Service Desk and creating tickets based on your understanding of the issue(s)
- Dealing with 1st line customer support tickets as well as 1st and 2ndline Internal IT tickets, escalating as appropriate
- Act as a point of escalation where appropriate for the Service Desk Analysts
- Lead by example, maintaining a high quality of work, surpassing expectations of our customers regularly
- Help to maintain and ensure the quality of all documentation and processes relating to the service desk support role including capturing new learnings and sharing this knowledge with the team
- Monitoring internal alarms and escalating as appropriate
- Supporting the Service Desk Engineers as required by contacting customers with information, supporting their troubleshooting process
- Any additional tasks as requested by the line manager
- Ensures that all work is compliant and consistent with the needs of our Information Security Management System (ISMS – 27001 : 2013) and Business Continuity Management System (BCMS – 22301 : 2012) requirements as well as carrying out further roles and responsibilities assigned by Information Security Management Committee (ISMC) & Business Continuity Management Committee (BCMC) as required to support our implementation of both Management Systems
- 1+ years of experience in a Service Desk Analyst or similar role
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a patient and professional telephone manner which is always positive and vibrant
- Works well in a team and by themselves
- Customer centric mindset, focused on surpassing expectations, “the customer is at the heart of what we do”
- Methodical approach to problem solving, is able to ‘think outside the cube’
- The flexibility to provide some out of hours coverage when required
For more information about the role and details on how to apply, please click here.
Working at brightsolid brings new challenges, a lot of smiles and learning experiences every day which is inspirational. With the pace of change and innovation, personal development is no longer a bad word and is not only encouraged, it’s a must.
Leona Forbes, Head of Product and Solution Delivery
The fast pace of the technology industry demands dynamic, out-the box thinking and application. Not only does brightsolid meet this demand, it leads by example, actively encouraging our team to be autonomous innovators and drivers for change. I’m proud to be part of that.
Katie Armstrong, Head of Marketing
I chose to work at brightsolid for several reasons; the culture and attitude seemed to match my own, I was seeking a challenging working environment and it was evident that I would be given opportunities to develop skills I wouldn’t have been able to in a traditional IT organisation.
Brian Davidson, Service Desk Manager
Investors in people
Recogised for our team commitment
“An investment in people means that we recognise the importance of each and every one of our team and the role that they play in the diversity, adaptability and strength of the company as a whole. We assist development in a number of ways, from inducting each new team member with their own First 90 Day plan to encouraging our managers to really understand their team members and their career goals to ensure that (where possible) we can offer specialist technical training, management development, personal development workshops and coaching as opportunities to be explored.” – Cami Moorjani, Learning and Development, brightsolid