Cloud Storage and Servers
When we talk about software defined boundaries we are referring to a virtual private cloud, also known as multi-tenanted cloud. This means that multiple customers can utilise the same physical server and still have their own virtualised private cloud within it. brightsolid multi-tenanted clouds are completely isolated from the other tenants in any server, giving our customers extremely price competitive clouds that still meet the upmost levels of security and performance.
Our secure approach to multi-tenanted clouds, aligned with our zero tolerance policy on contention eliminates ‘noisy neighbour’ syndrome, gives our customers peace of mind that their systems are safe, whilst running at the best possible level of performance.
Our multi-tenanted clouds come in two flavours:
- Our VMware cloud environments are built on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). This enterprise-grade platform delivers a proven track record of outstanding performance and reliability. Our VMware storage solution, infinibox provides enterprise grade storage at a competitive price.
- Our Microsoft clouds run on Hyper-V, one of most cost effective cloud offerings that has been built with DELL reference architecture. The storage solution on our Hyper-V Microsoft clouds is storage spaces. The way in which these technologies have been applied means that our Microsoft clouds match Azure on price and come with added benefits like back up, support and DDoS protection.
Benefits of Microsoft cloud
- Cost effective licensing and highly performant deployed storage
- Workloads cannot impact other virtual private customer environments in the same server
- As a Microsoft Cloud OS Network Partner, we have a very strong relationship with Microsoft and receive great support benefits as well as giving customer feedback directly into Microsoft’s top tier
Benefits of VMware cloud
- VMware has for many years been a market leader in virtualisation and has some additional features to Hyper-V, including the ability to scale up resource requirements without requiring any virtual machine downtime.
- Every VM on the brightsolid cloud is backed up daily on-site using the latest in Veeam technology and kept for 7 days.
- Some of our customers have chosen to upgrade to Veeam version 9. This allows them to access, control and self-serve restoration without raising a ticket with our helpdesk.
Multi-tenanted or dedicated cloud?
- Uncontended cost performance
- Anti-virus and patching as standard
- Nightly backups using the latest Veeam technology
- In-house server, storage, network, security and virtualisation experts
- Dundee based service desk team
- Guaranteed availability with a 99.99% SLA