We use small files known as ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience of our service as follows:
- To facilitate optimal use of the website by means of a temporary, ‘session’ cookie, which helps you to navigate through the website and enhance your user experience. These cookies disappear when browser session ends.
- To help us recognize you as a unique visitor and understand, by means of a permanent, ‘persistent’ cookie, when you visit our website, where you came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, and your location when you accessed the website. We also use persistent cookies to allow us to tailor content to avoid showing you the same messages repeatedly.
Analytical cookies. We use analytical cookies and similar analytical tools to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our service and to help us improve the structure of our website. This is not personal data, and we cannot identify you in this way. These cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages on the website, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited, to determine the most popular areas of the website, and generally to monitor usage of the website.
We also use additional performance cookies to help us deliver online advertising that we believe is relevant to you on our website and other organisations’ websites including, social media and other advertisement platforms. Cookies used for this purpose are often placed on the website by specialist organisations.
Further information. Please contact our customer support service to request further details about individual cookies used on our website.
Disabling cookies. Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse a cookie by changing your browser security settings, or you can ask your browser to show you where a cookie has been set up. You may also be asked to consent to the use of certain cookies upon entering or registering on our website. Certain features on our website are only activated by the presence of a cookie so, if you do not accept certain cookies, our website might not work properly, and particular features of this website may not be available to you.
What We Do With Your Information
Primary purposes. We will use information relating to you for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested.
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you find what you are looking for quickly.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to new services, special offers, and other info.
Other uses. We may use information relating to you for general statistical purposes. We also keep track of the domains from which users visit us. We analyse this data:
- for trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our web site and our internet infrastructure.
- to ensure that services offered (including but not limited to chat and forums) are not abused
- For analysis and research to improve our services and goods offered.
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
You give us permission to use your information for the purposes set out above in relation to our current service, and also in relation to any new products and features we may provide to you in the future as part of our service. We will keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
What If I Don’t Provide Some Or All Of The Information Requested?
The impact of this will depend on what information you withhold but the main impacts may be:
- We may not be able to process or fully process your service requests
- We may not be able to contact you to let you know of problems regarding your services
- We may not be able to respond fully to requests and queries you may have.
- We cannot personalise the service you receive. So, if you are online you will have to search more for the content type you normally view or for similar/related products.
- We won’t be able to limit online adverts to products or services you have shown interest in and so you may receive adverts that mean nothing to you and are not related to your interests.
Sharing With Other Websites And Applications
By using the ‘Share’ link on the website, you can share content with other users through various social plug-ins such as Facebook and Twitter. The content will remain at all times on the website, and only the link and other limited information will appear on that web application.
Providing You With Information
We may use your personal information to send you information about us and other companies in the Brightsolid group of companies (meaning Brightsolid Online Innovation Limited, and any of its subsidiaries from time to time). There are instructions on every email we send on how to unsubscribe.