We are committed to protecting your privacy and to adopting technology that gives you a powerful and secure online experience. In general, you can view this site and all the latest news and results without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. We may however, need to monitor web site usage to help develop the web site and our services.
The laws you’re protected by
As we are a UK company, you are protected by UK and European data protection laws. If you’d like to know more about data protection generally, read this guide from the UK Information Commissioner.
Collection of Information
Other information we receive about you.
- We also receive some information about the computer or other devices you use to access our services, such as your IP address, browser type, location, how big your screen is, or the pages you visit.
We use small files known as ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience of our service as follows:
- To facilitate optimal use of the website by means of a temporary, ‘session’ cookie, which helps you to navigate through the website and enhance your user experience. These cookies disappear when browser session ends.
- To help us recognize you as a unique visitor and understand, by means of a permanent, ‘persistent’ cookie, when you visit our website, where you came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, and your location when you accessed the website. We also use persistent cookies to allow us to tailor content to avoid showing you the same messages repeatedly.
Analytical cookies. We use analytical cookies and similar analytical tools to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our service and to help us improve the structure of our website. This is not personal data, and we cannot identify you in this way. These cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages on the website, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited, to determine the most popular areas of the website, and generally to monitor usage of the website.
Further information. Please contact our customer support service to request further details about individual cookies used on our website.
Disabling cookies. Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse a cookie by changing your browser security settings, or you can ask your browser to show you where a cookie has been set up. You may also be asked to consent to the use of certain cookies upon entering or registering on our website. Certain features on our website are only activated by the presence of a cookie so, if you do not accept certain cookies, our website might not work properly, and particular features of this website may not be available to you. You can find out more on how to disable/enable cookies by clicking here.
Use of Your Information
Primary purposes. We will use information relating to you for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested.
- To make the site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once.
- To help you find what you are looking for quickly.
- To help us create and deliver content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to new services, special offers, and other info.
Other uses. We may use information relating to you for general statistical purposes. We also keep track of the domains from which users visit us. We analyse this data:
- for trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our web site and our internet infrastructure.
- to ensure that services offered (including but not limited to chat and forums) are not abused.
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and market research purposes.
You give us permission to use your information for the purposes set out above in relation to our current service, and also in relation to any new products and features we may provide to you in the future as part of our service. We will keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
Sharing with other websites and applications
By using the ‘Share’ link on the website, you can share content with other users through various social plug-ins such as Facebook and Twitter. The content will remain at all times on the website, and only the link and other limited information will appear on that web application.
Providing you with information
We may use your personal information to send you information about us and other companies in the brightsolid group of companies (meaning brightsolid Online Innovation Limited, and any of its subsidiaries from time to time). There are instructions on every email we send on how to unsubscribe.
High quality security technology and processes
We always use up-to-date technology security standards and make every effort to keep our systems as secure as they can reasonably be. Please be aware that although our systems are secure, your information might be intercepted on its way to us via the internet, although it is extremely uncommon for this to happen.
We won’t sell your information to third parties
If we run a promotion or competition where your information would be shared with a third party for marketing purposes, we will make that very clear and will ask your permission first.
When we might disclose your information
The only circumstances in which we will share any of the information we receive about you to a third party are if we:
- have received your permission first;
- have removed any personally identifiable information before sharing it; or
- are required or otherwise permitted to do so by law.
Using third parties to process your information
Where your information is stored
We do not hold any customer data outside of Scotland. All data stored with us is contained within our Scottish data centres. Currently, we do not have a service that offers customers data transfer outside the EU. If a customer requires us to transfer their data to be transferred outside the EU we would comply to the ‘Privacy Shield’ policy.
Seeing what information we hold on you
If you want to know what personal information we hold on you, get in touch and we will happily supply this to you for free.
Updating your personal information
If the information we hold about you is no longer correct, please let us know and we will update our records. In certain situations, we may choose not to amend your personal information. In this event, we will include an appropriate statement or note about it adjacent to or with the information.
If we change hands
If our business transfers to anyone else, you agree that we can pass your information to that person, so they can continue to provide you with the service.
Changes to this policy
We might make changes to this policy from time to time – check back here to stay up to date.
We hope that’s clear. If it isn’t or you have another question that isn’t covered, please contact us.